GS:26 – JONNY MILLER – EXCLUSIVE AFRO DEEP MIX – GROOVEMENT SOUL PODCAST AND RADIO SHOW
We’re delighted to host the very talented and fellow Southport Weekender family member, Jonny Miller on the Groovement Soul podcast. The mix features a bunch of exclusives, D-Malice’s refix of Culoe De Song, some specially crafted edits and first plays on a couple of Jonny’s new productions – the VIP Remix of ‘Usangikhumbula’ and my remix for Rudo Deep, forthcoming on DM Recording.
We hope you like the afro/deep/soulful/house vibe of the mix as much as we do.
1. Atjazz – MiSouls
2. Rise (Acapella)
3. Mike Dunn – Rise (Rise (Waltek & Tony Maione Remix)
4. Shimza & Black Motion – Shimza
5. DJ Malvado Feat. Eddy Tussa – Zenze (Medium Points Mix) (JM’s Percussion Edit) *EXCLUSIVE
6. Cuebur feat. Marissa Guzman – No Doubt (JM’s Spring Fiesta Edit) *EXCLUSIVE
7. Bacteria – Touch Your Soul (Master S & Bacteria Remix)
8. Rudo Deep – The Announcement (Jonny Miller AfroTek Mix) *EXCLUSIVE
9. African Healing Dance (Acapella)
10. Kid Fonque, Cuebur, Jonny Miller Feat. Andy Boi & Okmalumkoolkat - Usangikhumbula (Jonny Miller VIP) *EXCLUSIVE
11. MAW Presents: A Tribute To Fela Expensive Shit (Edit)
12. Culoe De Song – Bright Forest (D-Malice Afro Expression) *EXCLUSIVE
13. Madiba Victory Speech (Acapella)
14. Charles Webster, Kid Fonque & Khensy – Don’t Forget Me (Jonny MIller & Kid Fonque Remix)
JONNY MILLER BIOGRAPHY
London’s Jonny Miller has spent the last twenty three years immersed in the underground electronic music scene. His roots lie in the early 90s dance music scene and his sound moves with ease between the genres. In Jonny Miller DJ sets you’ll hear the deep soulful house sound, afro-house, broken beat, NY disco, downtempo grooves, dance music classics and forward thinking bass music. If the vibe is right… its represented.
His studio productions, remixes and edits have graced a diverse range of record labels over the years, imprints such as Atjazz’s ARCO label, Soul Candi in South Africa, GAMM Records, DM Recordings, WahWah 45s, Cinematic, Aquatic Lab, Sidestepper, 4hero’s Twisted Funk Records, Zed Bias’ Phuture Lounge Recordings, Balearic label Fascinating Rhythms and Victor Simonelli’s West Side Records in New York.
Jonny has taught Ableton Live, music production and DJing professionally for over 15 years now. His teaching has taken him around the world, writing specialist programmes for Luxembourg’s famous Rockhal Centre and running guest workshops at the Rio Music Conference in Brazil being two notable projects undertaken in recent years. Jonny’s experience within music education is second to none and in the UK he has developed and tutored courses for many of the leading music production schools.
His wide range of other day to day activities include working with Goldie and his Metalheadz label, consulting for the likes of sound designers Radium Audio, DJs and artists like Greg Wilson, Redlight, Seiji and Yasmin and guiding cultural mavericks such as film director Chris Cunningham.
Jonny also runs the well-respected Sonarpilot Audio label – Overseeing releases from the likes of Brendon Moellor, Danny J Lewis, Ramadanman, Marcus Intalex and Simbad while Jonny’s long running experience of broadcasting also sees him co-produce and present The Southport Weekender Radio Show on Mi-Soul – a station set up by the originators of Kiss FM.
Everything Jonny Miller: www.jonnymillermusic.com
Productions and DJ Mixes: www.soundcloud.con/jonnymiller
Pictures and travel: www.instagram.com/jonnymillermusic
Sonarpilot Audio label: www.sp-audio.com